Crispy Caramel Corn
- 3 1/2 quarts popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
- 1/2 cup cocktail peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Grease well a 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Place popped popcorn and peanuts in large well greased bowl.
- Melt butter in large heavy saucepan; stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt;
bring to a boil. Reduce heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and baking soda.
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture and mix well. Spread on greased jellyroll pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and separate kernels when cool enough to handle.
- Store in tightly covered containers.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes