Five-Spice Caramel Corn
Whether you recycle or venture online to find something new, a stylish tin is
a great way to give gifts like these. Just be sure to add a personal touch—like
a gift tag that labels the tin’s contents.
- 3 quarts (12 cups) popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped corn kernels)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place popcorn in large bowl, set aside.
- Line rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in honey, brown sugar
and salt. Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and
continue to simmer 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat, stir in baking soda and five-spice powder. Pour mixture
over popcorn and quickly mix to coat. Spread coated popcorn onto prepared cookie
sheet and bake 40 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes with spatula.
- Cool completely before packaging.
- Store caramel corn in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days.
Servings: 3 quarts
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes