- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 package (makes 1 quart) fruit-flavored unsweetened soft drink mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Keep popped corn warm in a 250 degree F oven.
- Combine sugar, soft drink mix, and water in a heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over
medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and cook to soft-crack stage
(270 degrees F on candy thermometer).
- Remove popcorn from oven. Pour syrup in a
steady stream over popped corn; toss to mix thoroughly.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.