Fruity Baked Popcorn
- 7 cups popped corn
- 3/4 cup candied red cherries, cut up
- 1 cup broken pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons
light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popcorn.
- In a 17 x 12 x 2-inch baking pan, combine
popcorn, cherries and pecans.
- In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir
over medium heat until butter melts and mixture comes to boiling. Cook over low
heat 5 minutes more.
- Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla extract.
Pour mixture over popcorn; gently stir to coat popcorn mixture.
- Bake at 300 degrees
F for 15 minutes; stir.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Remove corn mixture to a large