Fruity Popcorn Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup melted shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup finely ground popped corn
- 1 cup finely cut dried fruit of choice
- Sift flour, measure, and sift with baking powder, nutmeg, salt and cornmeal.
- Combine shortening and sugar. Add egg. Add milk and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture, popped corn, and dried fruit. Mix thoroughly.
- Turn onto lightly floured board. Roll into a 1/3-inch thick sheet. Cut with floured cutter.
- Place on slightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.