Honey, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Popcorn
This honey peanut butter and chocolate popcorn is a delicious snack, and baking
with canola oil can reduce your saturated fat intake.
- 3 tablespoons canola oil 45 mL
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels 125 mL
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 1 cup honey 250 mL
- 1 cup light peanut butter 250 mL
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 15 mL
- 2/3 cup Craisins 150 mL
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips 125 mL
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut chocolate spread 15 mL
- Into a 4-quart pot, pour canola oil.
- Add popcorn, cover with lid left slightly ajar to allow steam to escape. Place
pot over high heat. Cook popcorn until popping sounds slow.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- In large microwavable bowl, combine sugar, honey and peanut butter. Stir ingredients
together. Microwave on high power for 1 minute.
- Stir ingredients, and microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes more.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Press popcorn mixture into lightly oiled 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) pan.
- Press Craisins into mixture.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, on high power, about 1 minute.
- Stir to finish melting chips.
- Stir in hazelnut spread.
- Drizzle chocolate mixture over popcorn mixture and refrigerate to harden chocolate.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Yield: 24 squares
Popcorn can be popped in hot air popper.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving Calories 200 Total Fat 7 g Saturated Fat
1.5 g Cholesterol 0 mg Carbohydrates 33 g Fiber 2 g Protein 3 g Sodium 85 mg
Reprinted with permission from