Honey, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Popcorn
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) canola oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) honey
- 1 cup (250 mL) light peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) hazelnut chocolate spread
- Pour canola oil into 4-quart pot. Add popcorn, cover with lid left
slightly ajar to allow stem to escape. Place pot over high heat. Cook
popcorn until popping sounds slow. Remove from heat. Pour into large
- Combine honey, peanut butter and sugar in large microwavable bowl.
Stir ingredients together. Microwave on HIGH power for 1 minute.
- Stir ingredients, and microwave 1-2 minutes more or until sugar is
- Stir in vanilla extract. Pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Press popcorn mixture into lightly oiled 9 x 13-inch pan. Press
dried cranberries into mixture.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave, on HIGH power, about 1 minute.
Stir to finish melting chips.
- Stir in hazelnut spread. Drizzle chocolate mixture over popcorn
mixture and refrigerate to harden chocolate.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): CanolaInfo.org