Ice Cream Popcornwiches
- 2 1/2 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 pints brick-style
vanilla ice cream
- Keep popcorn warm.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, vinegar and salt.
Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Continue to cook until hard ball stage (250
degrees F on candy thermometer).
- Pour syrup over popped popcorn; stir to coat.
chocolate chips and nuts; stir just to mix.
- Pour into two 13 x 9 x 2-inch pans,
spreading and packing firmly. Cool.
- In each pan, cut 12 rectangles.
- Cut each pint of ice cream into 6 slices. Sandwich
ice cream between two popcorn rectangles.