Indian Corn on a Stick
This fun fall treat looks like colorful Indian corn. Wrapped in cellophane and
tied with raffia, these popcorn treats would make a perfect favor for your Thanksgiving
- 3/4 cup butter
- 60 large marshmallows
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
cup peanuts (or other coarsely chopped nuts)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup
chopped dried fruits (cranberries, apricots, pineapple, apples, raisins, etc.)
- Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Pour over popped popcorn and stir
in nuts, coconut, and dried fruits.
- When cool enough to handle, butter hands and
mold popcorn mixture into ear of corn shapes approximately 6 inches long.
on a greased cookie sheet or wax paper to set.
- Immediately while marshmallow is
still sticky, place a few pieces of nuts, and dried fruits on the shape to resemble
colorful kernels of corn.
- Insert a skewer or a wooden stick or dowel in the end
of each. Let cool.
- When marshmallow is set, wrap with cellophane and tie with raffia
bow if desired.
Makes approximately 6 or 7 servings.
Posted by Recipethyme at Recipe Goldmine on 8/28/2001 12:35 am.
Source: Presented by Alisa Bangerter on November 16, 1999