Macadamia Nut Candied Corn
- 24 cups air popped popcorn (about 1 cup unpopped)
- 2 cups macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popcorn and macadamia nuts in a large greased
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt over medium
heat. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil.
- Boil 2 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows, stir until melted. Stir in butter flavoring. Pour marshmallow
mixture over popcorn mixture; stir until well coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every
15 minutes. Spread on lightly greased aluminum foil to cool.
- Store in an airtight
container or place in clear holiday baking bags for gifts.
Yields about 26 cups candied corn.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes