Mapled Corn Squares
- 1 cup maple or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 quart popped corn
- Cook sugar, syrup, water and salt to 280 degrees F (brittle). Add butter and
cook slowly to 294 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, grind popped corn coarsely through a meat grinder or chop finely.
- When syrup is cooked, remove form heat and stir in popcorn. Pour onto greased jellyroll
pan. Roll with an oiled rolling pin.
- Cut into squares or bars.
Makes about 3 dozen 2-inch squares.