Pecan Cashew Popcorn Balls
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pound butter
- 2 cups toasted pecan halves
- 2 cups lightly
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- Combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup and water in a heavy pan
fitted with a candy thermometer and place over high heat. Bring mixture to a boil
and add the butter, stirring until it has melted. Continue cooking until the mixture
reached 350 degrees F, 20-30 minutes.
- In a LARGE, lightly oiled bowl, toss the nuts and popcorn together. Carefully
pour the hot syrup over the popcorn-nut mixture. Carefully, but quickly, toss the
mixture with a long-handled wooden spoon to coat the popcorn and nuts completely
- As soon as the mixture is cool enough to handle, quickly shape into
3-inch balls and place the balls onto a nonstick or lightly oiled baking sheet to
- Store, tightly wrapped, in a cool place.
- Wrap popcorn balls individually in
squares of amber cellophane, tied up with ribbon.
- Or pile the balls together into
a basket with red apples and wrap the basket in cellophane with ribbon. Or place
the balls in a brown paper bag and tie with a ribbon.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes