- 3 quarts freshly air-popped plain popcorn, unseasoned
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
- Arrange popcorn in a shallow baking or roasting pan.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart
saucepan. Stir in sugar, salt and corn syrup. Cook, stirring constantly until sugar
dissolves and mixture boils. Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from
heat and add peppermint extract and green food coloring.
- Pour over popcorn in baking
pan and stir to mix well.
- Bake in a preheated 250 degreed F oven for 1 hour, stirring
3 to 4 times.
- Cool completely, and store in tightly covered containers.
Makes about 2 1/2 quarts.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes