Pina Colada Popcorn Crunch
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup light
- 1/4 cup instant coconut cream pudding
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup diced dried or candied pineapple
1/2 cup coconut, toasted*
* To toast coconut, spread coconut in a thin layer on a shallow baking pan. Bake
in a 250 degree F oven for 6 to 7 minutes or till light brown, stirring often.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popcorn. Place popped popcorn in a buttered
17 x 12 x 2-inch baking pan. Keep the popcorn warm in a 300 degree oven while making
- In a small saucepan melt the butter or margarine. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in the corn syrup, pudding mix, and rum extract. Remove popcorn from oven.
Pour the syrup mixture over the popcorn. With a large spoon, gently toss the popcorn
with the syrup to coat.
- Bake popcorn, uncovered, in a 300 degree F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove popcorn from oven and stir in the dried pineapple and the coconut.
- Bake the
popcorn mixture, uncovered, 5 minutes more.
- Turn the mixture onto a large piece
of foil. Cool the mixture completely.
- Serve popcorn immediately or store, tightly
covered, in a cool, dry place.
Makes about 16 (1/2 cup) servings.
Nutrition information per 1/2 cup serving: 73 cal., 3g fat, 4mg chol., 1g
pro., 12g carbo., 0g fiber, and 40mg sodium