Pina Colada Popcorn
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup light corn
- 1/4 cup instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup diced dried or candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut, toasted*
* To toast coconut, spread coconut in a thin layer on a shallow baking pan. Bake
at 250 degrees for 6 to 7 minutes or till light brown, stirring often.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popcorn. Place popped popcorn in a buttered
17 x 12 x 2-inch baking pan. Keep the popcorn warm in a 300 degrees F oven while
making the coating.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter or margarine. Remove saucepan from heat.
Stir in the corn syrup, pudding mix and rum extract. Remove popcorn from oven. Pour
the syrup mixture over the popcorn. With a large spoon, gently toss the popcorn
with the syrup to coat.
- Bake popcorn, uncovered, in a 300 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove popcorn from oven and stir in the dried pineapple and the coconut.
the popcorn mixture, uncovered, 5 minutes more.
- Turn the mixture onto a large piece
of foil. Cool the mixture completely.
- Serve popcorn immediately or store, tightly
covered, in a cool, dry place.
Makes about 16 (1/2 cup) servings.