- 2 quarts warm, unsalted, popped popcorn
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring
- Candies (Lifesavers, Nibs, black licorice strings, candy corn, jelly beans, gumdrops)
- Chewing gum, chiclet-style miniatures
- Colored construction paper
- Round-headed straight pins
- Keep popcorn hot and crisp in a 300 degree F oven.
- In a heavy, medium saucepan, combine syrup, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil over
medium heat; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add food coloring until desired
color is obtained.
- Pour syrup slowly over popcorn and toss lightly to coat kernels evenly.
popcorn into three buttered, miniature layer cake pans. Decorate each disk to resemble
a pumpkin, an owl, a witch or other seasonal symbol.
* Or with buttered hands, shape glazed popcorn quickly into three thick, flat
5-inch circles. You also may pack popcorn into buttered, 3-inch egg-poaching rings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.