- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons gelatin powder, your choice of flavor
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place popcorn in a large 4-inch deep buttered baking
pan. Keep warm in the oven.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with wax paper and butter the paper.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt and cream of tartar.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook without stirring until mixture reads
250 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in gelatin powder and cook another minute
until it reaches 260 degrees F.
- Remove from heat, then stir in baking soda quickly.
- Remove popcorn from the oven.
Pour syrup over top of popcorn while syrup is still foamy. Gently mix to coat popcorn.
- Bake at 200 degrees F for 1 hour, stirring 2 to 3 times.
- Turn onto buttered paper.
- Cool completely and store.
Source: Boy Scouts of America
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes