- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Cheerios or chow mein noodles
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Popcorn: Put popcorn, Chex, Cheerios, pretzels and peanuts in a large pan. Pour
syrup over popcorn mixture, mixing well.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour. Mix every
10 to 15 minutes, making sure all ingredients are well coated.
- Cool pan and put in airtight container. Freezes well.
- Syrup: Bring butter, brown sugar and Karo syrup to a slow boil and let boil for
5 minutes, mixing constantly. Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla extract.