- 1 1/2 quarts popped Jolly Time popcorn
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon rum
- About 48 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup canned chocolate fudge frosting
- Place popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, heat
caramels, half and half and butter until caramels are melted, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat.
- Stir in rum flavoring. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and toss
to coat well.
- Arrange pecan halves in groups of 3 on a greased baking sheet.
quickly, spoon heaping tablespoonful of popcorn mixture onto the center of each
- Spoon frosting into a small saucepan; place over low heat until softened.
Spoon over each mound of popcorn.
- Store in a cool place.
Makes about 16.
This recipe is from the American Pop Corn Company. The recipe is used with permission from
Schaller Popcorn Days, Schaller, Iowa.