Red or Green Kettle Korn
- 1/3 cup unpopped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste, coconut, rum, vanilla or other extracts)
- Heat electric stove (just above medium setting). For gas stoves set low, never
higher; preheating is unnecessary.
- Pour all ingredients into popper. Stir constantly
until popcorn has finished popping.
- Quickly empty pan onto cookie sheet.
- While the
corn cools, take popper immediately to sink, run hot water into it with liquid detergent.
Close lid on suds and let it soak for easy clean-up.
- When glazed popcorn is cool,
break into pieces. Pick out any unpopped kernels.
- Store finished glazed corn in an airtight canister or jar.
Makes approximately 4 quarts glazed popcorn.
To add color: Add a few drops of food coloring on the unmelted sugar when ingredients
are put in popper. Don't put in one spot as it will lump. Dot small amounts
around in 6 or 8 places.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes