Red Hot Poppers
This is probably the most patriotic popcorn ever! It's a guaranteed favorite for the Fourth of July.
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cups red hot cinnamon flavored candies
- Red and blue confection stars
- Red licorice string
- Spread a large sheet of plastic wrap onto a work surface and spray within cooking spray.
- Spray a large mixing bowl lightly with cooking spray and place popcorn inside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in marshmallows until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn, adding red hot candies, and mix well until coated.
- Spray hands with cooking spray and form mixture into 24 balls.
- Gently press red and blue stars onto balls.
- Place a piece of licorice string on top of each ball.
Yield: about 24 balls
Recipe and photo used with permission from: