Redenbacher's Sweet and Salty Popcorn Pie
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 16 cups popped Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Original PoppingCorn, unpopped kernels discarded
- About 3 large handsful potato chips, preferably ruffled
- 2 (4 ounce) Baker's German sweet chocolate bars
- 1 (12 ounce( container salted or salt-dry roasted peanuts or cashews
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips (2 cups)
- 5 cups large marshmallows (50 marshmallows)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spreadable chocolate fudge topping
- 2 prepared graham cracker pie crust shells
- 1 (4 ounce) chocolate candy bar to make chocolate curls, optional
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Pour popped popcorn into large paper bag.
Add salt to taste. Close and shake bag. drizzle in melted butter. Close bag
again and toss until popcorn is coated.
- Melt the German chocolate bars over low heat in a small saucepan. Dip potato
chips halfway in. Set on wax paper to cool. Add the chips and nuts to the bag
and toss well. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet on low heat, or in a double boiler, melt butterscotch
chips with marshmallows. Stir often and don't let mixture burn. Set aside
to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl place popcorn mix and then drizzle marshmallow/butterscotch
cream over popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Spread the fudge topping evenly over the bottoms of both graham cracker
crust shells. Divide the popcorn mixture between the pie shells. Pile the popcorn
mix up a bit and then press it into the topping, just slightly.
- To garnish, use a potato peeler to make chocolate curls to top off the pies,
or place a few chocolate-covered potato chips on top.
- Let pies cool and serve slices with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Yield: 2 pies, 32 servings
Do not use microwave popcorn.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes