Rum Corn Balls
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
1/2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rum flavor
- 1/3 teaspoon vinegar
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place popcorn in large 4-inch deep buttered baking pan. Keep warm in the oven.
- In a large saucepan, stir sugar, water and corn syrup together until sugar is
dissolved. Boil without stirring until mixture reached 250 degrees F on a candy
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in salt, rum flavor and vinegar.
- Remove popcorn from oven. Pour syrup mixture over popcorn and mix thoroughly.