Rum Raisin Popcorn
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 12 cups popped corn
- 2 cups raisins
- Lightly butter a cookie sheet.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter . Place over
medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often until sugar dissolves. Continue to boil gently,
without stirring, until a candy thermometer reaches 280 degrees F (syrup separates
into hard, but not brittle, threads when dropped into very cold water).
- Remove from heat and stir in rum extract. Pour over popcorn and raisins.
out evenly on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool and break into small pieces.
Makes about 14 cups.