- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 cups lightly salted cashews
- 2/3 cup packed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon
grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Remove all unpopped kernels from popped popcorn.
- Put popcorn and cashews into
a greased 17 x 12 x 2-inch baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, ginger and sesame
oil. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils. Continue boiling at a moderate
rate, without stirring, for 5 minutes more.
- Remove pan from heat. Stir in sesame seed, vanilla extract and baking soda. Pour
mixture over popcorn mixture. Stir gently to coat.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or
until golden brown, stirring twice. Spread popcorn mixture on a large piece of buttered
foil to cool
- Store tightly covered.
Yields 8 1/2 cups.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes