Sesame Maple Popcorn
- 8 cups popcorn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Lightly spray very large ovenproof bowl, preferably
glass or ceramic, and baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Add popcorn to bowl.
Place in oven to warm while preparing the glaze.
- Place sesame seeds in a small bowl. Stir together maple syrup, brown sugar, and
cinnamon in small, heavy-bottom saucepan. Bring to boiling over medium heat; cook
to hard ball stage (250 degrees F on candy thermometer).
- Stir in butter and cook
to hard crack stage (280 degrees F on candy thermometer).
- Remove popcorn from oven.
- Pour about half of glaze over popcorn, working quickly and tossing with metal spoon
to coat popcorn.
- Sprinkle on sesame seeds; pour on remaining glaze and toss until
evenly coated. (If mixture cools down too quickly, warm in oven until softened enough
- Spoon onto prepared baking sheet and spread into small clumps. Cool.