Southern Rum Pecan Popcorn
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 3 tablespoons
Karo syrup (corn syrup)
- 1/2 cup small chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 tablespoons popcorn
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Prepare flavoring: In a small bowl add sugar, rum extract, Karo syrup, chopped
pecans and salt. Heat in microwave or on stove until heated through and easy to
pour. Set next to popper so it is ready to pour in as soon as popcorn is popped.
- Measure into the popper popcorn, sugar and oil. Fasten the lid securely; begin
stirring and applying medium to high heat. Popping will begin in about 1 1/2 minutes;
continue stirring until popping almost stops.
- Remove from the heat; open the lid and pour in the flavoring mixture, then close
the lid and continue stirring (no heat) for several more rounds until mixed thoroughly.
- Quickly dump the hot popcorn into a big bowl and finish mixing with a large spoon.
- Store in airtight container.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes