Sweet and Salty Popcorn with
Orange Blossom Honey
- 6 cups popped white popcorn
- 1 cup salted roasted nuts (one kind or a mixture;
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup orange blossom honey
- 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Place popcorn and nuts in a large ovenproof bowl
and place in oven.
- Pour sugar into a small, heavy saucepan and place over medium-low
heat. Stir occasionally. When sugar is melted and a light caramel color, add honey
and stir until smooth and liquid. Remove from heat.
- Take popcorn from oven, sprinkle it with salt and then pour sugar syrup over
it. Using a potholder to steady bowl with one hand, stir quickly, using a large
fork, to fluff and coat popcorn.
- Spread on baking sheet and let cool.
- Break into
large pieces; store in an airtight tin.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 1/13/2002 2:23 am.