Valentine Popcorn Heart
- 2 quarts unsalted popcorn
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Place popcorn in large buttered bowl; set aside.
- Draw a heart on a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil (approximately 8 inches in
- Combine remaining ingredients except pie filling in a saucepan and cook
to 260 degrees F (soft crack stage).
- Pour syrup in a thin stream over popcorn and
- Quickly press onto foil heart, building edges to form rim.
- Allow to cool.
- Spoon cherry pie filling into heart shaped popcorn shell.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.