- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 split vanilla bean
- 3/4 cup popping corn
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a large heavy pot, heat corn oil over high heat until the oil smokes. Add
1 kernel popping corn and heat until kernel pops.
- Add vanilla bean and remaining
popping corn; cover pot, and shake gently until corn starts to pop. Shake vigorously
until popping subsides.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove vanilla bean and toss popcorn with
sugar, salt and melted butter.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add to popcorn.