Almond Joy Sheet Cake
This cake improves with age!
- 1 devil's food cake mix with pudding
- 1 cup evaporated
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) bag coconut
- 1 package almonds, sliced, slivered or whole
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- Mix cake mix as box directs.
- Bake in a greased 10 x 15-inch (jellyroll) pan at
400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- While cake is baking, mix the rest of the ingredients, except coconut in pan
over low heat. Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the coconut.
well and spread on warm cake.
- For frosting: Sprinkle almonds over the coconut layer. Heat sugar, milk and butter
until melted. When completely melted, remove from heat and stir in the chocolate
chips. Mix until smooth and spread on cake.
- Cool before serving.