America's Best Buffet Casserole
- 1 (5.5 ounce) package au gratin instant potato mix
- 1 (16 ounce) package cocktail wieners, sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cubed cooked ham
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons dried chives
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the dried potatoes in the bottom of an ungreased 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Cover with a layer of sausages.
- Mix together the condensed soup, milk and butter; pour over the ingredients in the dish.
- Layer in the cheddar cheese, cubed ham and mushrooms.
- Dot with cream cheese cubes, and sprinkle with dried chives.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the French fried onions over the top, and return to the oven for an additional 15 minutes, or until browned.