Yield: 14 to 18 sandwiches
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed and cut in half
- 14 to 18 hamburger buns, split
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- Add roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Reduce heat to LOW and cook 7 to8 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool. Shred meat and return to sauce; heat through.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup of meat mixture.