Buffet Rump Roast
- 1 (5-pound) boneless rump roast
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour (optional)
- Trim all fat from meat. Season with pepper.
- Heat oil in large Dutch oven. Brown meat on all sides. Remove meat.
- Add butter, onion, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Heat until margarine
- Return roast to Dutch oven, cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 2 hours or until
- When meat is tender, cool and refrigerate.
- Slice when chilled.
- Before serving, return sliced meat to gravy. If you want to thicken the gravy,
stir in a little flour.
- Serve on sliced rolls.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.