Chicken and Wild Rice
- 2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 4 cups chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 2/3 cups chopped green onions
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/3 cups butter or margarine
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 24 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 16 cups cooked wild rice
- 16 cups cooked long grain rice
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- In a large pot, saute the first five ingredients in butter until tender.
remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon into four greased 13 x 9-inch baking dishes.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 75 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Yield: 50 servings
This dish may be assembled and refrigerated overnight. Remove from the refrigerator
1 hour before baking.