Chocolate Sheet Cake
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 3/4 cups confectioners'
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 to 7 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- In a saucepan, bring butter, water and cocoa to a boil; whisk until smooth.
to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt.
- Add cocoa mixture;
beat on low speed just until combined.
- Add sour cream, eggs and baking soda; blend
- Pour into a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near
the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a bowl, cream butter.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and
cocoa; gradually add to butter.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and enough milk to achieve spreading
- Frost the cake.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Serves 12 to 16
This cake stays moist for several days.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help maintain Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.