As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) packages corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a skillet, sauté celery in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add onions; sauté for 5 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds.
- In the same skillet, sauté the hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set
aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage and pepper.
- Add the remaining hot dog mixture.
- Stir in corn bread mixes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Spread into a shallow 3-quart baking dish.
- Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Yield: 12 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Potluck and Buffet Recipes