Loaded Potato Potluck Favorite
Be the hit of the party with this full-flavored take on the classic baked potato with all the fixin’s. Carnation provides a creamy texture to a mix of hearty potatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions. With this dish you won’t have anything left to take home!
This casserole can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated. Uncover; top with cheese, bacon and green onions; bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 8 medium potatoes (about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds total), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounce package) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- Place potatoes in large saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook
over medium-high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole dish.
- Return potatoes to saucepan; add evaporated milk, sour cream, salt and pepper. Beat with hand-held mixer until smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and half of bacon.
- Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese, remaining bacon and green onions.
- Bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Prep: 15 min | Cook: 45 min | Yield: 16 servings, 1/2 cup each
By: Carnation Milks
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Nestlé® and meals.com