Low Fat Fruit Salad
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 3 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6 cups green grapes
- 6 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 kiwifruit, peeled, halved and
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine
sugar and flour.
- Stir in the orange juice, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice.
Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs;
return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
minutes or until thickened.
- Cool to room temperature, stirring several times, about 20 minutes.
- Fold in whipped
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, grapes, bananas, kiwi and pineapple.
- Add dressing; toss.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 30 servings