Lower Fat Pan Rolls
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees F), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup water.
- Add butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar and water. Beat on medium
speed for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm
place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 27 pieces; shape into balls. Place 18 balls in
a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan and remaining balls in a greased 9-inch square
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
Makes 24 rolls.