Lower Fat Pan Rolls
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees F), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in 1/2 cup water.
- Add butter, eggs, milk powder, salt, 3 cups flour and remaining sugar and water. Beat on medium
speed for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm
place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Divide into 27 pieces; shape into balls. Place 18 balls in
a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan and remaining balls in a greased 9-inch square
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 17-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
Makes 24 rolls.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.