- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef consommé, undiluted
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; add beef and mix well.
- Shape into
1 1/4-inch balls.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs; drain.
- Transfer to a greased
1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the cornstarch and consomme until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a
boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over the meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until no longer pink.
Yields 2 1/2 dozen - serves 10
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.