Pot Luck Pork Chop and
Idaho® Potato Casserole
- 2 cans (10 3/4-ounces each) 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 6 medium (6 - 9 ounces each) Idaho® potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 pork loin chops (about 2 1/2-pounds), about 1-inch thick
- 1 bunch broccoli, washed and cut into long spears
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup and 2 cans of water until blended; set aside.
- Slice half of the potatoes and place them in a 12 x 18 x 4-inch roasting pan (or
other large, deep pan).
- In a large skillet, sauté the pork chops over high heat about 5 minutes, or until
nicely browned on both sides.
- Arrange chops over the potatoes in the pan.
- Place broccoli spears in the pan around the chops.
- In the same pan in which the chops were sautéed, heat the olive oil over high heat,
add onions and garlic and cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Stir in poultry seasoning.
- Spoon the mixture over the chops and broccoli, and sprinkle
with pepper, if desired.
- Add the soup mixture to the hot skillet. Turn off the heat
and scrape up all browned bits from the pan; set aside.
- Slice the remaining potatoes and arrange over all in the pan.
- Pour the soup mixture over all, scraping all browned bits onto the casserole.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake another 15 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Estimated Nutritional Analysis per Serving: 720 calories, 21 g fat, 139 mg
cholesterol, 878 sodium, 61 protein, 73 carbohydrates
Recipe and photo credit: Idaho Potato Commission