- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 bulbs garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Half bell pepper, minced (any color will do)
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Up to 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked lasagna noodles
- Heat a small pan, then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When hot, add 1 bulb of
minced garlic (approximately 1 tablespoon) and the shallots. Sauté for approximately
1 minute or until soft.
- Add the spinach and saute until the spinach is reduced in
size and relaxed. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan, then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When hot, add the
remaining garlic, onion and bell pepper. Sauté until soft.
- Add the beef. Stir constantly
while sautéing until meat is browned completely.
- After turning the heat down, add
the mushrooms and spinach. Mix well until the mushrooms are softened.
- Remove from
- Pour in 12 ounces of the tomato sauce, then mix the Parmesan cheese, basil,
and pepper until well-combined. Set aside to cool.
- In a large rectangular baking dish, spray some cooking spray.
- Put down one layer
of lasagna noodles.
- On top of this, spoon the meat mixture.
- Drizzle some tomato
sauce on this, then sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Layer with lasagna
- Repeat until you run out of meat mixture. Try to get the top layer to be
just lasagna noodles with LOTS of mozzarella on top.
- Place in oven and bake at 375 degrees F for 40 minutes or until heated through
and bubbly, and cheese just starts to brown on top.
Approximately 8-10 large servings