Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) jar grape jelly
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Meatballs: Mix all ingredients and shape into tiny meatballs.
- Brown gently in frying pan.
- Sauce: Simmer all sauce ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Add meatballs and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Keep at low heat for buffet serving.
- Serve with wooden picks and napkins.