Turkey Buffet Casserole
- 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 1 package frozen broccoli spears
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (1/4 pound) grated American cheese
- 2 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In separate saucepans cook noodles and broccoli as labels direct just until
- In saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in flour, salt, mustard, pepper
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain noodles and broccoli. Dice broccoli stems; leave florets whole.
- Arrange noodles, broccoli stems and turkey in shallow casserole or 8-inch
square baking dish; pour cheese sauce over all.
- Arrange broccoli florets on top, pressing them lightly into sauce; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes or until bubbling hot.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.