Barbecue Spare Ribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 pounds pork spare ribs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in the pressure cooker and sauté onions and garlic
for 2 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce and water and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add spare ribs and close pressure cooker lid. Bring to high pressure and cook
for 18 minutes. Release pressure using the cold water release method.
- Remove ribs from the cooker and transfer to an oiled broiler rack. Season with
salt and pepper. Position broiler pan 6 inches from source of heat. Broil lightly
on one side and remove from oven.
- While ribs are broiling, boil remaining cooking liquid over medium high heat
until it begins to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- Brush the thickened sauce over the
ribs and broil for an additional 2-3 minutes. Turn over, brush sauce on and broil
for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve hot.
Approximate Nutritional Information Per Serving: 710 calories, 48g protein,
8g carbohydrates, 53g fat, 195mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium