- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced salt pork
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Coat chicken in mixture of flour, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- Put oil in a 4- or 6-quart Presto pressure cooker. Sauté pork until crisp. Add
onions and sauté until light brown; remove and set aside.
- Brown chicken a few pieces at a time; set aside.
- Pour off excess drippings; stir garlic, parsley and oregano into remaining drippings.
- Return chicken and onion to
pressure cooker. Add carrots, celery, tomatoes, salt, pepper, and white wine. Close
pressure cooker cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for 8 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool pressure cooker at once.
- Place chicken on warm platter.
- Stir tomato paste into sauce in pressure cooker. Simmer until thickened. Pour over chicken.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Source: National Presto Industries
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pressure Cooker Recipes