Chicken Noodle Soup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 cups vermicelli noodles, broken into pieces
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/ 4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon coarse or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil. Add onion and sauté in hot oil for 2 minutes.
- Add noodles or rice and cook, stirring often, 1 minute.
- Add broth, chicken, lemon
juice, celery , parsley, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and tarragon. Secure lid. Over
high heat, develop steam to high pressure. Reduce heat to maintain pressure and
cook 10 minutes.
- Release pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove
- Remove chicken from soup. Also remove bay leaf.
- Remove chicken from bones,
cut into 1-inch cubes, and add to soup, discarding bones.
- Serve hot, garnishing individual servings with chopped parsley.
Makes 6 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pressure Cooker Recipes