- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut up
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
(2 to 4 tablespoons)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian-style paprika
- 3 tablespoons dill weed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup
centernoads.html" startspan -->[_includes/recipes-centernoads.html]
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 4- or 6-quart Presto pressure
cooker. Sauté onions, green pepper, and garlic until tender; remove.
- Brown chicken
a few pieces at a time; set aside.
- Add tomato sauce, paprika, dill weed, and a small
amount of chicken broth to oil in pressure cooker; stir until smooth.
- Add remaining
broth, stirring to mi. Return chicken and vegetables to pressure cooker. Close
pressure cooker cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for
8 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool pressure cooker
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a warm dish.
- Stir flour into sour cream;
add to hot liquid. Cook and stir until mixture simmers and thickens.
- Pour sauce
Makes 4 to 6 servings.