This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 3 pounds stew meat (beef, pork and/or lamb)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer - preferably a medium ale
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 30 tortilla chips
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the meat in a large mixing bowl and toss with the peanut oil and salt.
- Heat a 6-quart heavy-bottom pressure cooker over high heat until hot. Add the
meat in 3 or 4 batches and brown on all sides, approximately 2 minutes per batch.
Once each batch is browned, place the meat into a clean large bowl.
- Once all of the meat is browned, add the beer to the cooker to deglaze the pot.
Scrape the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the meat back to the pressure
cooker along with the salsa, tortilla chips, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, tomato
paste, chili powder, and ground cumin and stir to combine.
- Lock the lid in place according to the manufacturer's instructions. When
the steam begins to hiss out of the cooker, reduce the heat to low, just enough
to maintain a very weak whistle. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and carefully release the steam.
- Serve immediately.