Chinese Red Cooked Chicken
- 1 fryer, cut up
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Chinese sesame oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Put the oil in the pressure cooker pot and lightly brown the chicken pieces.
While they are browning, mix together the water, soy sauce, ground ginger, sugar,
and fresh lemon juice and set aside. Place about 2 tablespoons of the greenest parts
of the green onions into a small dish and set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together until smooth and set aside.
- When the chicken pieces are nicely browned, pour in the soy sauce mixture and
add the white and light green parts of the green onions. Stir into the chicken to
coat the pieces with the sauce.
- Place lid on pressure cooker tightly. Put pressure regulator weight in place.
Leave heat under cooker on high until the weight begins to jiggle. Lower heat immediately
to a level that keeps the weight just barely moving. Time from this point on for
12 minutes. Remove pot from heat and cool.
- When the pressure has been reduced, open the pot and place back on the burner.
Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken pieces to a serving dish. Stir the cornstarch-water
mixture once more and, while gently stirring the sauce, pour the cornstarch mixture
into the sauce to thicken. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes on low heat and then add the
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle the rest of the green onions over
- Serve over fluffy white rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Pressure Cooker Recipes